Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Observations

Here are some recent observations:

Marinated Sundried Tomatoes sort of look like they belong in a bio-waste can for surgeons. I am thinking that my appendix that was removed last year probably looked a lot like a marinated sundried tomato.

SportLegs. I have my doubts about these things, but I guess I believe in them enough for them to work. I woke up a couple of times with leg cramps last night. And my legs just felt dead. I took the recommended dosage this morning before swimming and have had no problems since. Placebo effect? Possibly.

Seeing 188.8 on the scale rocks. 5 pounds to go.

Riding and swimming enough to eat Otis spunkmeyer cookies and Arby curly fries the day before reading 188.8 on the scale for the first time.

I want to care more about the Olympics, but I just don't for some reason. Gone are the days of my youth when I watched every bit of the Olympics that I could regardless of the sport. Perhaps this will change once the games start. But then I thought that about this year's TdF and I never caught the fever.

Shimano has a long hill to climb before I am interested in either their carbon fiber Dura Ace Crankset or the Dura Ace electronic shifting. $1400 for a crankset--PASS. I don't know what the up charge will be for the electronic shifting upgrade, but I am sure it will be too much for me. The older I get the more of a Retro-grouch I become.

Have I said before that tubulars for cross is awesome before? Amazing difference. I tried them for the first time this year and I can't believe what a difference they make for descending--no pinch flats and they grip better in turns. Climbing is much better as well because I can run lower pressure and so traction is better. The only downside would be the ability to fix a flat. I have the Tufo tire sealant in them and so far so good.

Working retail blows.

Looking for a job blows.

Indecisive employers blow. I am still waiting to hear back regarding a job 2 months after the interview. This is despite being in communication with the firm every week and a half to two weeks. To me this is just poor form. Just grow a pair and tell me you don't want to hire me if you aren't interested. Seriously, what is so hard about this whole deal? Crap or get off the pot.

No comments: