Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cross Practice

Lungs: 90% back to normal. The last couple of weeks it had really hurt me.

Legs: meh. Still not as much power as I would like. Not by a longshot.

Handling: Better, much better than before. Getting used to the bike still after a long season or two of riding 95% or more on the road. It felt good to pass a couple of guys while weaving through the trees. However, one of the guys just passed me again on the straight section like I was standing still.

Attitude: Pretty darn good actually. I slightly dreaded going out there tonight, but I did better than I thought. I realize the pain and discomfort are friends. Without them I am not getting better.

Overall: Feeling better. Feeling stronger. Still at or near the back, so no worries there. I consider who I am I riding with and it doesn't bug me for the most part.

Weight update: Still about the same. I had a couple of ugly days, but I am hoping for a new low tomorrow of something under 193.


Other News: I expect that the Cernitz SS Cross frame, "Buttercup" will be ready early to mid October. I ordered tubes this week for my Voodoo Wazoo commuter bike replacement also to be fabricated by Cernitz. Its name is "The Mule." Slightly heavier tubes. Disc brake only. Fender Friendly. Geared Friendly, but to be build SS for now. I suspect it will weigh about 3/4 of a pound more than Buttercup with the same geometry. I don't know what Buttercup will weigh, but it shouldn't be much more than my Curtlo steel geared cross frame which weighs 3.55 lbs.

No comments: