Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To Paint

I woke up this morning and drove down to the Wilsonville area. I picked up my friend and part-time co-worker Neil Cernitz and we drove to work. Wilsonville is not exactly on my route to work. But, I am just a really nice guy and so I offered to pick up Neil since we had to be there at 8 am. I am a giver, what can I say.

The fact that Neil had a frame ready to take to paint may have had something to do with it.

The pictures below were taken with my crappy little camera phone. The fact that they are low quality will only make all of you even more amazed when the frame is finished and I take pictures with an actually high quality camera.







The picture of the complete frame I stole from Neil's blog.

At lunch today we went to the Class Act Powdercoating and Paint. It was a little drive out there. Once we arrived we were bluntly informed that we were idiots with regard to paint and prep. I felt like I was talking to the painter's version of the Soup Nazi. Man, the woman we talked to was about as blunt and plainspeaking as you can get. That is about as positive a spin as I can do. Nevertheless, I think they will do great work. I sure hope so, the paint job is costing way too much. Not that I am going super fancy, but still. I was going to paint the fork as well, but I decided I didn't want to spend the money. After all, I still have another Cernitz coming down the pipe.

I won't divulge the details here about the paint. But in about 3 weeks I will post it. Hopefully the combo will look good.

No comments: