Thursday, September 25, 2008

Current training schedule--mostly limited to running.

Currently I have about 2 hours to spare to train in the morning. Well really only about an hour by the time that getting ready to train and then getting ready to work is factored in. Still, I feel good that I am actually getting out there. This weekend I will get in a longer ride which with be the first long one since Colin was born. I am not sure how I am going to get much faster than I currently am at this rate. I am mainly just trying to keep the fat at bay and maintain what fitness I have.

As a result of my lack of time, I have been running mostly. I hate the first 20 to 25 minutes of the run. I mentally and physically hate it. But then after that things loosen up, I realize I am at the halfway mark or further of my run and my attitude changes. I start to run a bit faster and enjoy it a bit more. By the time I get home I am in a good mood. Running 45 minutes to an hour is about all the time I have. I think that is all the time I want to have to run honestly. But it feels good.

No comments: