Thursday, September 18, 2008

Buying speed

A week or so ago I sold a DT 240 wheelset and then some other odds and ends, including a crankset I have had for about 5-6 years sitting in a junk bin. Bottom line, don't get rid of old parts, you never know when they might come in handy or might be worth something to someone else. The end result is that I had enough money to tempt myself with a semi-decent set of wheels. I can E.P. various wheels, but in the end I order a set of Neuvations. The C50 is a carbon rim on their normal hub. See the rear below:

The wheelset was almost a cheap as my E.P. deal on a new set of Ksyrium tubular wheels. And since I already have a set of those, I attempted to satisfy my carbon hunger with the Neuvations. We will see how they do. I am going to glue on a set of Vittoria EVO XG tires. Cheap tires and I understand that they are not a bid tire. I have the Tufo Flexus tires on the Ksyriums.

Anyway, I am hope this helps me during the coming months, because heavens know that I haven't been training. With the new baby, people in town, and some other duties that have increased their load temporarily, I just haven't been doing anything to get faster. But, I am going to try and change that starting....next week. I hope to run a bit tonight and tomorrow but otherwise this is just going to be an off week. Oh well. I will try to eat healthy and keep the weight down--which I have. I am hanging at the 189-190 area and I am good with that for now. Once things get on a regular schedule I will make an attempt on the low 180's.

No comments: