Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 hour run: Check!

I earned this glass of my super secret recovery drink.
I am now about an hour past the end of my first 2 hour run of the year. I felt great until I had to climb the hills that oscillate ever higher on my way back to the house for the last 30 to 40 minutes of the run.

No significant pain, just some minor discomfort in the knees every know and then. But truth be told, I ran slow. But then, I am guessing that by the third leg of the triathlon that will be my only speed, slow. But no matter, I just want to finish and do it with out having to walk other than to swap water bottles.

I actually ran with my iPod for the first time in over a month. It was nice. I listened to a couple of nerdy NPR podcasts and then yesterday's episode of ESPN's Pardon the Interruption. They were all entertaining and helped to take my mind of the long run along Cornell Road.

Tomorrow I am still on track for the hour swim and the 3.5 hour bike ride. Joel at work requested that I take out one of our Scattante carbon road bikes to see what I think. Darn, I guess I will have to do that. Look for a post ride review soon.

No comments: