Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I swam, I ran, I biked--does that mean I did a Triathlon today?

Woke up and went to swim class. We did drills, which although they did not add up to many yards, totally kicked my butt. Total yards were around 1000 yards. Went home and ate and then got ready to ride to the gym to run.

Once at the gym I got on the treadmill and ran 5 miles. First mile was at a 10 minute pace. The next 4 miles I finished in 36:17. Not too shabby. That kicked my butt too. I showered to get the major stink and sweat off and then rode 10 more miles to work. I worked my 8 hour shift and then rode home. I was not loving the singlespeed on the way home. My lower back protested while my legs felt sluggish. Having 15 pounds on my back didn't help either.

But having 1000 yards in the water, 5 miles on the treadmill and 27 miles on the bike behind me today feels pretty good at this point in the day.

No comments: