Sunday, March 22, 2009

8 Miles

Longest run of the year so far tonight. I did it on a treadmill. To me that is sort of cheating (effort-wise--not bordom-wise.  I would have rather been outside if it hadn't been dark). I ran with the treadmill inclined just a bit to make up for the fact, but it was still easier to run in front of a TV in the gym than in the hills around my house.

8 miles takes a while. Especially at the beginning. I started the run at a 5.0 mile per hour pace. After 1/2 mile I increased the pace to 5.1 mph. Then after another 1/2 mile it went up to 5.2 mph. I eventually topped out at 6.4 and then I brought it down the last 1/2 to cool down. My max heart rate was about 161 I think. I wasn't comfortable much the last bit at 6.4 but hey I was running that pace after I hit 7 miles so I don't feel too bad about that.

Sure there are lots of folks faster than me out there. There was one chick that must have been running at a 6 minute mile pace for nearly 40 minutes while I was there tonight. I was impressed. But I was impressed with myself too. I think that I should be over 10 miles for my long runs withing the next 2 or 3 weeks.

If only swimming were going this well...


OH YEAH!!>>>BEST DEAL ON CYCLING SHOES OUT THERE RIGHT NOW!

I bought some new Sidi Genius shoes for 119 bucks at Performance yesterday. This was only about 10% better than what any shmoe off the street could get though. Let me explain.

In the store they are on sale for 199 bucks. BUT, performancebike.com has them on clearance for $149. The walk-in store will honor that price if you ask. THEN, there is a coupon float around out there called a "RIDE" card that give an additional 10% off on your entire transaction, further reducing the price on the shoes to around $135. IF you are a Team Performance Member you are going to get 10% of that purchase back in the form of team points that can be used on a future purchase. This effectively makes the price of the shoes just over 120 bucks for the Team Performance Member.

The problem: quantity is going fast. The Tualatin store was low in inventory. I don't know about the other stores. Good luck out there.

No comments: