Thursday, January 17, 2008

Training: Yep, I am back at it.

I am back to training. Slowly. I still have a real issue with my hip. Still can't sit in certain positions without it causing some pain. Not everyday, just about every other day. I ran a couple of times this week and it hurt a bit both times for about a mile and then it stopped. However, afterwards....ouch, big ouch.

I rode with Dave for a short ride yesterday. Good times. He is worse off than I am thankfully. It is much easier to feel better about my lot in life if I know of someone that more out of shape than me and still planning on competing in the same half ironman event in early June.

By the way, Pearl Izumi Amfib tights kick butt.

Thanks everyone for your concern. I am doing better mentally. I think that there are times when everyone hits a valley. It is hard to see past all the bad, even though I know that it will pass. It is weird. I know that I have things to be greatful about but I just couldn't get the funk out.

I am a little pissed that I let myself go though. I now have to work my but off just to get back to where I was a couple of months ago. But, I will and it will be fun getting there. By fun I mean sweaty, sometimes painful, lonely and cold, but also sometimes very euphoric with a grin on my face riding down 111th/113th at 52 mph.

No comments: