Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More rain please

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time


So goes the song by the Smiths and I am really wanting a typhoon or something similarly epic for this last Cross Crusade race of the year. Suffering. I want suffering for all in the worst weather possible. I want peanut butter mud with rain coming down in buckets and puddles the size at least a foot deep and 20 feet wide. Yeah, that would do.

Why would I wish for this? Because misery loves company. I am in a pissy mood and I think it would suit my mood to ride in that and I would be fun to have company in that sort of crap out there. After finishing I would feel at leas temporarily better about life. Not that life is bad, but it could be a bit better. At least we are all healthy and getting well enough in the house. Work is still work and this past week has been full of people, or rather just a couple of people, doing some really stupid things. At least the stupid stuff has nothing to do with me. But I am still frustrated with my situation.

I rode home from work tonight in the rain. I was offered a ride--twice--but refused. I was told I was foolish for riding home, but the ride really helped. The bike clothes kept me comfortable for the most part and despite the rain I was pretty comfortable. Pearl Izumi makes some great stuff. If it says "Am Fib" it is perfect for this sort of weather, low to mid 50's and plenty of rain.

Anyway, I know this post rambled a bit, but it helped. And again, as far as the bad weather so far this week--keep bringin' it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I went to DI to find some Halloween gear and instead found myself purchasing a Pearl Izumi windbreaker for 4 bucks. Its bright neon yellow but that doesn't bother me too much. Better seen than dead. And I was looking for a jacket like that. 4 bucks! For Pearl Izumi and I found nothing wrong with it!