Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Sad Passing: Sheldon Brown

There are lots of tributes springing up all over about this man, who was renowned in the cycling community. He was renowned not just in the USA, but pretty much worldwide. He passed away on Feb. 3.

I would drop by one of his blogs to read about his health, his opinions on bikes, repairs, and the world at large. The oddest thing to me was to read he last entry on his blog that is dated the same day that he passed away from a heart attack. He obviously had no idea that death was so close. Made me think for a bit.

But I don't want to let this post be too much of a downer. I love this picture. It is the stone saddle, for real men obviously. This is part of the reason I liked this guy. Who else would think of such a thing?

No comments: